PE & Sport at Lindridge
At Lindridge we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all our pupils. We believe that the PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of every single learner in our school.
What is the Sports Premium?
The funding for this project aims to improve physical education (PE) and sporting provision across all primary schools. This money is provided to primary schools and can only be spent on PE and sport and is designed to improve the range and quality of sports available to children.
How can the money be spent?
Schools have the freedom to choose how they spend the money providing it directly impacts on PE provision. Some possible examples include:
- Increasing pupil participation in all levels of competition.
- Employing specialist coaches to work with pupils and teachers.
- Providing extra resources and training to improve current sporting provision and to develop the range of sports offered.
- Jointly use the funding to improve participation with local schools.
- Encourage less active or minority groups to be involved in sporting activities and clubs.
- Develop both competitive and non-competitive sporting activities within school and across schools.
We are using the Sports Premium to extend our provision through the use of additional sports professionals, training staff to deliver high quality PE sessions across the school and entering into a wide variety of competitive sporting events through our Cluster group.
We also promote and encourage a wide range of different sporting and fitness opportunities for our pupils both in school and out of school and actively signpost children to clubs to help develop participation and skills.
Take a look at the documents below to see our intention for the coming years sports premium funding and also to see the impact of the previous year.